Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? I always am... To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat and a picture.

Lanvin's Fall-Winter 2011 Campaign teaser video will make you smile. It looks like my thrifted cobalt cape  is on target for this Fall.

Also, The Glamourai's apartment is amazing. I don't think I could ever live in a home with that much white, but wow. She has these measuring cups, which somehow I missed at Anthropologie. Too bad as they were $19.95 on clearance at one point according to the internet.

How To Wallpaper" Using Fabric

"In the first experiment of its kind in the country, the Houston public schools are testing whether techniques proven successful in high-performing urban charters can also help raise achievement in regular public schools. You can read more about this clever idea here. I will be interested to see check out the results.

This gluten-free flour developed by The French Laundry sounds promising, though the cost seems prohibitive at first glance. Having never made a gluten-free flour mix I don't know how much it costs...

Recipes Bookmarked
Gingersnaps at Gluten-Free Girl
Rice Milk at at Vegan Reader
Spiced Sweet Potato Donuts at Leann Bakes
Sriricha-Baked Salmon And Kale Wraps With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce at NPR's Kitchen Window

No! Don't take me without my chips! New York, NY


I'm not THIS gloomy but the rain made me think of this song, which I have on my computer from Napster. I always thought it was by Cracker. Oops. I wish some of our torrential rain from the past few days could have dispersed into TX and Somalia where they so desperately need water.

No comments:

Post a Comment