Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? I always am... To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat and a picture. 

Last weekend was the 53rd Annual Armenian Festival in Richmond and I got a plate of leftovers thanks to my parents generosity. It was all good, but the stand out was the Armenian Rice Pilaf. It tasted suspiciously like Rice-A-Roni. When I looked up the ingredients I learned it was the basis for Rice-A-Roni. Read about it here.

“To bear defeat with dignity, to accept criticism with poise, to receive honors with humility -- these are marks of maturity and graciousness.” William Arthur Ward (via Carielle, who is on a great adventure this year!)

And here is another quote... I sure hope this one is true!

James Murphy, of the now disbanded band, LCD Soundsystem is now dabbling in cooking among other things. Fun.

Alison Newton writes beautifully. I'm behind on all reading right now, but this piece on losing her father and grandfather really moved me. It is probably especially poignant as I'm nervous about my grandpop's surgery right now. Regardless, go get lost in her words.

Recipes Bookmarked
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies at Baking Bites
Brown Sugar Rosemary Walnuts at 101 Cookbooks
Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bars at Always Order Dessert
Honeyed Gingerbread With A 20-Hour Apple Terrine at NPR's Kitchen Window

For a photo go see Carielle's shots at your big year. There is a gorgeous recent one of a lion that looks unbelievable professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment