Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? I always am... To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat and a picture. 

I always saw these pretty lights at the Holiday Markets in NYC, but I never purchased them. If their presentation had been as awesome as the one in Jordan's photos I probably would have given in to the impulse.

Kate Ermilio's Spring-Summer 2012 collection features bows and interesting backs. Love it!

At a delicious dinner at Mama J's last Saturday between study sessions, Matt brought up Google's purchase of Zagat. He hopes this purchase will enable Google to compete with Yelp. It was an interesting point.

The Area of the Texas Wildfires Versus America's 10 Biggest Cities dated September 7...and to think the damage is more widespread now. Wow. This really puts it into perspective. (via Courtney)

Two great perspective giving post-its. I needed these. Er, I still need them.

Recipes Bookmarked
Apple Chips at The Cupcake Project
Candy Corn Cocktail (and others for Halloween) at Hostess Blog (via Rebekka)
Sauteed Sweet Potato Leaves at Eat Make Read

A red eye to or from Santa Monica, CA, December 2005

Find more songs like Crystal Castles at Myspace Music

While doing data entry at work I often listed to my iPod; it helped me plug away and block out distractions. Indie electronic music was my favorite as I could lose myself in the beat. This song worked a little too well. I listened to it for half an hour once without even realizing it was the same song. I only noticed when I looked down to see which artist I was enjoying so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment