Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? I always am... To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat and a picture.  

Treating the Cause, Not the Illness discusses an Health Leads, an innovative organization operating in limited cities to connect patients with much needed social services. It appears to improve patients' quality of life as well as the efficacy of social workers in the hospitals. The initial anecdote discusses the importance of proper nutrition to health too. We need more solutions like this.

Comments on God's Blog at The New Yorker include "The dodo should just have a sign on him that says, 'Please kill me.' Ridiculous." (via The Improvised Life)

I would return to Glacier National Park in a heartbeat. Big Sky Country is gorgeous. Get glacier viewing envy, like me, by checking out the slideshow and reading Nash's article. If you go, be sure to eat at Two Sisters.

Molly at Orangette wrote an post about her struggles with procrastination, even when pursuing her passion - writing. It made me feel better knowing someone so successful struggles too.

This article on Afghans raging at young love blows my mind. I hope a solution, other than death, is found. It made me feel very fortunate to live in the US. TSA pat downs may be controversial, but we can choose our relationships freely and have many other liberties others do not have.

I can't decide. Is Twalaba cool or creepy? It maps your facebook friends and tracks the cost to visit them. I haven't given it my user info at this point (though I have considered doing so out of curiosity...I would never presume someone would let me come stay with them).

Recipes Bookmarked
Butterscotch Bars at Cooking Light
Panko Sprinkles at The Cupcake Project
Pumpkin Curry, with Ground Coconut and Mustard Paste at Le Sauce
Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough at Loves Veggies and Yoga
Raw Vegan Kale Chips at Loves Veggies and Yoga

Bull Moose, Glacier National Park, August 2010


This video was great as is the song. (via Pinnastorm)

No comments:

Post a Comment