Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? I always am, even more so today as I'm off to Northern VA/DC for it! To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat and a picture. Happy weekend!

How to Start a Gratitude Project on Tiny Buddha has reminded me that I dropped the practice of posting one thing I was grateful each day. I plan to start that again on Twitter asap. I really liked the author's choice of this Lao Tzu quote "“When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.”

I tried Mango Coconut KeVita recently and it was a delicious, healthy self-indulgence. It makes me even more interested in trying Graceful Fitness' Kefir Soda idea.

I dare you to resist laughing while watching this ridiculous video narration on The Honey Badger (via Meg and Katie)

A mini-history of gender and clothing colors. (via Jason Kottke via Courtney)

Laurie David discusses antibiotics in meat. You may have noticed I don't seem to eat much meat; that isn't an accident. This worries me and I don't have the money to buy organic. Marion Nestle briefly addressed the question "Does Factory Farming Have A Future?" and it was thought provoking.

5 free Sondre Lerche songs (love his music!)

Ramón González, a very passionate principal, works tirelessly to improve his school P.S. 233 in the Bronx.... I never have thought teaching was an easy job and this article provided additional evidence. (NY Times via Yana)

Recipes Bookmarked
Kimberly Snyder’s Glowing Green Smoothie at Shape via Vital Juice
Lemon Curd Ice Cream at Baking Bites
Macaroon Tart at Tartelette highlighted Heidi at 101 Cookbooks new cookbook
Sweet and Sour Brussels Sprouts Hash at Always Order Dessert
Tropical Burritos at Kath Eats


Brooklyn Botanical Garden, May 2007

Find more PHOENIX albums at Myspace Music

No comments:

Post a Comment