Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? I always am... To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat and a picture. Happy weekend!

Beautiful Paper Crane Photos at Up Your Wall, a Swedish gallery co-founded by my friend Kristina

DIY Compliment Bunting from How About Orange -- This would be perfect to surprise a co-worker, a friend or to show volunteer appreciation at a nonprofit.

La Gruyère Double Cream described by David Liebovitz sounds like a little bit of heaven, no?

Max Chafkin on Etsy’s Dilemma by Reihan Salam (via Courtney) which reminded me of this article about some Etsy business owners trading their day job for hard work.

I don't know how they plan to finance it but the USDA announced a new oversight policy to reduce foodborne illness. Food safety is an important topic.


A Clever Ikea Hack -- Modernist Flowerpot (via The Improvised Life)

Recipes Bookmarked
Cookie Dough Brownies
Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Feta and Sumac 

My first 10K was a success; if not for stops due to overhydration and inappropriate attire, 
I might have finished in an hour. My 8K in November took just under an hour, so 
this was a huge improvement and personal record. Proper training helps - who knew? ;)


Find more artists like Xylos at Myspace Music

Mellow music for a Friday... This band does a mean cover of Debbie Gibson if you ever have the chance to see them in person.

2 comments: