Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? I always am... To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat and a picture. Happy weekend!

The Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10K is tomorrow. It is my first 10k and I can't wait! Partially because I am tired of training. ;)

Before I Die a public art installation in New Orleans (via Sarah at The One in Pink)

Wheelchair Backflip...Determination = Success... Hopefully VCU will prove that this weekend too. If not, I am still proud.

Infographic of food costs around the world -- we have it easy in the US  (via Michael Pollan on Twitter)

E-readers can't replace the beauty of these books Penguin is releasing with hand embroidered covers. (via Courtney Knapp)

Laura Vikmanis is 42 and a NFL Cheerleader -- she is clearly someone who get things done and now her story will become a movie -- talk about fitness and healthy eating inspiration! (via Courtney Knapp)

Jessica at How About Orange has been exploring making your own glazed magnets (and has threatened to glaze everything in her house). She makes it look simple enough that I'm even tempted to try.

Ralph Marston succinctly discusses the power of taking action; these are words I should take to heart.

I don't have anything to sell from ex-boyfriends but ExboyfriendJewelry.com is an interesting solution. (via Unclutterer)

Recipes Bookmarked
Ba-nilla Buckwheat Breakfast Bake from Ashley at Edible Perspective (via KathEats on Twitter)
Dukkah from NY Times
Pate de Fruit from Alejandra at Always Order Dessert (sweets that are difficult are right up my alley)
Quesadillas from Heidi at 101 Cookbooks (crispy capers, yum!)

Roosevelt Island, New York City viewing the Queensboro Bridge and Long Island City, February 2011

Find more artists like Avril Lavigne at Myspace Music

2 comments:

  1. Great picture. I wish I was in NYC! I would love to conquer fruites de pate one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah! NYC was great... I hope to try them soon.

    ReplyDelete