Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mini Spinach Frittatas / Egg Muffins

A few months ago I made these breakfast muffins, which in spite of what I said I haven't revisited. Having found a much better egg muffin, I no longer have any intention of revisiting the cottage cheese version.

The ingredient list is much shorter for these egg muffins and the texture doesn't leave me wondering what to think. They are basically personal mini-quiches; the possibilities are endless. I have made the spinach frittata version. I've made a cilantro, red onion, and cheddar cheese version (pictured below). The results are consistently good and eggs for breakfast are ideal.*

For reheating, I recommend toasting them in the toaster oven rather than microwaving or they seem wet.


*I still prefer standard muffins, breads, and even cake though.

No comments:

Post a Comment