Monday, June 23, 2008

Pizza with Fresh Mozzarella, Proscuitto, Basil, and Cherry Tomatoes

I was a little hesitant to tackle pizza from scratch after my struggles with this Pizza Bianca the other weekend. But a trip to Little Italy for fresh mozzarella, the greenmarket for basil and cherry tomatoes, and too many delicious food blog posts about pizza lately left me determined to try again.

I decided to try this recipe and to start *gasp* at the reasonable time of 4:30 pm. I actually had dinner done by 7:00 pm. The whole process could not have been easier and the resulting pizza was delicious. It didn't seem to be as filling as the $2.25 slices available all over though. Maybe my metabolism is up today?

Next time I will definitely use tomato sauce as a base and/or or more toppings. I needed more flavor. I can't wait to try other variations now that I have a "go to" recipe in my repertoire.


No comments:

Post a Comment