Thursday, June 26, 2008

Stand

Last week Jaime and I met at Stand, a restaurant that has been on my list for a very long time. While I would have loved to try a burger, I mostly wanted to go for a milkshake. As I was too full from lunch at Michael Jordan's The Steakhouse N.Y.C., which I will write about eventually (maybe), to have anything else it was just as well.

Jaime, however, did have the house burger. The unique elements were the onion marmalade (really just grilled onions) and blue cheese house sauce. She said the burger was good, but I couldn't handle a bite. I did try a bit of the sauce with a fry or two and wasn't too impressed. Jaime loved it though. As for the fries they were quality - crispy and golden brown. Per the recommendation of the server, we went with the regular version instead of the shoestring.

I ordered the Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake, their most popular one, and was very impressed with the marshmallow/vanilla flavor and consistency. The presentation was adorable as you can see below and almost makes it trump the all natural (I think) milkshake at Caracas Arepas Bar. It can't actually win as I'm partial to fresh coconut over most things. They also had other flavors I would go back and try: honey lavendar, pistachio and ricotta, etc.


Location: 24 East 12th Street (between University Place and 5th Avenue)
Hours: Mon-Sun 12:00p-12:00a
Cost:
$

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum. I so want to try this place. When do you want to go? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you know what's sad? I was excited when you spelled my name right! Of course you would, but it seems like more and more people aren't these days...Thanks for the little things, Sara! (JK! SARAH!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when people leave the "H" off or worse yet spell it Shara. :)

    ReplyDelete