Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cilantro Hummus

After purchasing the biggest bunch of cilantro ever for $1.50 at Green Market, I was forced to find a creative way to use a lot of it at once before it went bad. This simple recipe for Lime Cilantro Hummus was perfect.

I don't have a food processor, but my hand held blender wand worked fine to process the ingredients. My only other substitution was lime juice from a squeeze bottle instead of lime zest and fresh squeezed juice.

The resulting flavor was amazing (I LOVE cilantro) and the whole process took maybe 20 minutes. I will definitely revisit this and make my own hummus moving forward. To make the lime flavor more pronounced, I might even follow the directions next time.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm... sounds delicious. I've been meaning to try making my own hummus. Maybe when we get back from Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that does SOUND really good, but I may have to get used to the site. Kind of looks like something Nickelodeon would make...but I'm sure it's super delish!

    ReplyDelete