Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Warm Butternut Squash and Chickpea Salad with Tahini

I made Warm Butternut Squash and Chickpea Salad with Tahini once before and after all the work involved hardly had a chance to enjoy the results as the pre-mixedTahini expired!! I found that out the hard way with an unpleasant stomachache leading to a label check and discarding virtually all of the salad.

A dish involving butternut squash isn't exactly seasonally appropriate, but just before the fridge disaster I had purchased most of the ingredients for making this again and I could not wait until Fall. While I didn't make buy pre-mixed Tahini, I had trouble believing the unopened Tahini would make it through a hot NYC summer in an uncooled kitchen.

I'm glad I tried the recipe again. It was great to confirm that the tahini was the issue not something else... The salad's flavors blend together well; it is slightly sweet, mostly savory, and very filling! I managed to get 4+ meals out of it as I used a 5 pound butternut squash. Needless to say I'm glad I can't have it again until winter. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment