Saturday, April 12, 2008

Vegetarian Stuffed Cabbage

Saturday after my post route-marking plans fell through, I was wasting time online (as usual). I didn't know what to do with the night; since moving to NYC I seem to have forgotten how to sit and do nothing. When I stumbled across this recipe for Vegetarian Stuffed Cabbage, I knew I had hit the jackpot.

Growing up my grandparents, mom, brother, and I would make galumpkies. It was an half day project with lots of trays for freezing extra batches. I remembered liking them, but forgot how much labor was involved. Things that might have sped up the process include following the directions to core the cabbage and having a food processor. Oh well! I also advise against starting the process at 9:00 pm.


Anyway, all that matters though is the end result, which was good. As I'm not a vegetarian, I think I'll stick to a meat filling next time and starting cooking earlier. Next time also will probably be in the winter as cooking all this really heats up the kitchen.

P.S.Don't skip the raisins in the sauce. They really add that extra something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment