Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Risotteria

As part of Lthug's bachelorette weekend, I made my second trip to Risotteria. (Does anyone else find it weird that bachelorette does not have real word status yet? First my cell phone thought it was gibberish and now Mozilla.) I was a bit reluctant to go back as my last experience left me feeling the risotto was only so-so. After this visit, I think the issue was actually my limited hunger in spite of the 8 hour gap between my half of a Carnegie Deli reuben and the risotto.

Given our party of six the wait was surprisingly short. Thank goodness as it was 3:00 p and we were starving. We started with two servings of complimentary bread sticks and a re-purposed wine bottle full of chilled water. Perfect. The wait staff was attentive and patient with our collective indecisiveness. They refreshed the jars of bread sticks without our having to ask.

I ended up ordering the Carnaroli Risotto with Roasted Leg of Lamb, Gorgonzola and Spinach ($15.50). It was creamy with an intense flavor courtesy of the Gorgonzola. I could barely taste the lamb or spinach, but both were tender and probably added subtle flavors. Vika had the Arborio Risotto with Shrimp, Mozzarella, and Tomato ($16.55). The cheese was much less overwhelming and you could taste the flavor of each ingredient. Both dishes were good.

This trip won me over and I definitely plan to go back to Risotteria. Also I'm in love with their pens; instead of business cards they have pens that say "Stolen from Risotteria" and their address on the side.




Location: 270 Bleecker Street (between Cornelia Street and Morton Street)
Hours: Sun-Sat 12:00p - 11:00p
Cost: $$

No comments:

Post a Comment