Monday, August 20, 2012

Paleo Challenge: Days 3-12

I'm a terrible lazy blogger and food intake logger. While I didn't take pictures and/or write down everything I've eaten since that last post where I thought I would post daily, I havea good idea of what I ate. The main thing is until this past weekend (travel + wedding + bridal shower) I hadn't actually cheated other than inhaling a Larabar with cashews one day when starving.

Shockingly, I hadn't had any headaches or significant discomfort. Outside of having to explain what I am doing and/or alter my meals out in a direction I'd rather not go. In fact, my stomach has been calmer on a day to day basis than it has been in a long time. You might wonder if I can attribute this to the diet specifically... I would too except that on Saturday, the first time I cheated, I ate illegal foods and immediately had a reaction. Now I just need to figure out what caused the kickiness to return.

Here are the sketchy details of what I have eaten that was Paleo friendly. I'll try to do a better job logging, blogging and adhering to the rules for the remainder of the challenge.

Roasted Sweet Potato, Broccoli Salad and Bone-in Pork Chop with a Blueberry Baslamic Reduction

 
Gazpacho and Shredded Pork topped with super garlicky Pesto

Sesame-Encrusted Ahi-Tuna Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette (On the side... It was the most paleo-friendly dressing option at 3 Monkeys. I can't say it was the best with the tuna, but I was trying to be good.)
Prosciutto-Wrapped Cod with Thyme

Peaches, Plums, Nectarines and a Coconut Milk Reduction flavored with a touch of Vanilla Extract 

Sauteed Shredded Cabbage with Apples, Bacon and White Wine Vinegar

Fresh-Picked Figs and Kale Chips (Olive Oil, Dill, Garlic Powder and Salt)


"LaraBars"

Lime Chicken with Steamed Broccoli (No, I couldn't actually finish all that chicken in one sitting.)

Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie


Mediterranean Summer Squash (Squash "Pasta," Capers, Zucchini, Black Olives and Artichoke Hearts) with Okra "Fries"

No comments:

Post a Comment