Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat, and a picture.   

This wind map hypnotized me for a bit. (via 101 Cookbooks)

" 'Like almost all of us, I started out in a hospital, but I switched because I wanted to talk to people about what they were eating before they got sick,' said Shari Steinbach, the lead dietitian at Meijer." Employing Dietitians Pays Off for Supermarkets

Epicurious has great ideas for upgrading your sandwiches. Give lunch a makeover.

"Instead, I’m saying that it’s your duty to create and be and present yourself simply as you are, no better, no worse. I’m not advocating pride, but rather, I’m suggesting you can the put-downs and verbal deflation of your own work." This Post Isn’t Worth Your Time – Brave Now 

" 'We realize that Lean Cuisine is not a home-cooked, organic meal,” [Ben] Gardner says. “We are a pragmatic solution that is not letting perfection get in the way of progress.' " He's a clever guy to have thought of this program! 50 cents off chips, in the name of healthful eating 

Recipes Bookmarked
Banana Bread Pancakes at Paleo Comfort Foods
Chicken Cacciatore over Cabbage Noodles at Mothering
Hazelnut Frangipane Tart (Grain Free, Paleo) at Deliciously Organic

Everyone Likes Figs, Red Dog Farm, Mechanicsville, VA, August 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment