Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat, and a picture.     

Oh gosh. I need to try these

"Batman taught me there will always be evil in this world.  Our choice is only how and if we confront it.  If James Holmes imagines himself The Joker then there will just have to be more of us who imagine ourselves as Batman.  It’s true these stories inspire people, but it is our choice as to how we are inspired." Don’t Blame Batman for the Colorado Shootings

Tamar Adler's A Recipe is Not Always the Place to Begin: The hows, whys, and joys of cooking from what you already have on hand (via Heidi at 101 Cookbooks)

Virginians! Cheer on the16 Olympians native to your state. I'm especially interested in Kellie Wells, Quanitra Hollingsworth (a VCU Basketball alum! now in Turkey) and Gabrielle Douglas (I always love the gymnastics. Duh.).

Where Did All The Watermelon Seeds Go? I agree that all truly ripe watermelon is tasty, regardless of seeds. My test for ripeness? Knock and find a hollow sounding watermelon.

Recipes Bookmarked
Peach Salad with Sweet Mint Pesto at Gilt Taste
Spanakopita Casserole at Clean Eating
Sun-dried Tomato Cheezy Kale Chips at Oh She Glows

Virginia Beach, VA, July 2012


#shamelesspopfan

No comments:

Post a Comment