Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat, and a picture.   

I too am sad for those in Aurora, CO. I hope those injured survive and that those surviving their loved ones and those related to the gunman can find peace and comfort as time passes. New York City's Mayor Bloomberg had some frank words to say about gun control and the incident as well as the need for presidential candidates to be less general. (via Leslie) 

Yeah, Ladies! The Forgotten Fighters: Richmond's lost spies, belles and heroes from the Civil War.

Though I shouldn't have been, I was surprised that some of the Greek yogurt available is made with food science not the traditional methodology. "To duplicate the Greek yogurt, they started with regular yogurt, then added different versions of starch, obtained from corn or tapioca..." (from High-Tech Shortcut To Greek Yogurt Leaves Purists Fuming) I'm not sure where I stand on this...Other than I'm trying to stick to unsweetened yogurt and add my own sweetener since there is SO much added sugar in most flavored yogurts.

Embrace Them Thighs. Something we all should do - Crossfit participants or not. I'm working on it.

Wait. Daiquiri's weren't/aren't always a frozen, super sweet beverage? I had no idea. This version, the original, sounds like delicious alcoholic limeade. (via NY Times Diner's Journal).

Recipes Bookmarked
Party-Pan Pizza at David Lebovitz
Sunchoke and Cashew Stir-fry at 101 Cookbooks
Watermelon Sorbet or Granita at NY Times' Recipes for Health


Beautiful music and dance via Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment