Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? I always am... To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat and a picture.  

Models Unretouched still look great! But they also look a little more like normal people and that is comforting.

Chile's Puyehue Volcano Erupts - a story in pictures at The Atlantic.

Toby Ng's World of 100 answers the question: If the world were a village of 100 people, what would its composition be? through 20 infographics. They are a simple, startling reminder of inequities in the world and more personally how privileged I am to live the way I do. (via Courtney)

Decluttering as Zen Mediation

Recipes Bookmarked
Ginger Rhubarb Chutney at All Our Fingers in the Pie (I like the idea of a savory preparation!)
Matt Bites' Fudge Popsicles at Smitten Kitchen
Hamburger Buns at Deliciously Organic
Quick Salmon Tikka with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce at Jamie Oliver
Sweet Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream + Chocolate Sauce at Healthful Pursuit


Rosslyn, VA, June 2005
(I'll be near there for a hot second this weekend.)

Find more artists like Marissa Nadler at Myspace Music

Her voice reminds me of Mazzy Star. Does anyone else remember her?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You found my rhubarb ginger chutney. I just made a new batch. Rhubarb is not so plentiful this year.

    ReplyDelete