Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? I always am... To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat and a picture. Happy weekend!

I loved Sweet Valley High, especially the Sweet Valley Saga books that I still remember vividly over a decade later. Francine Pascal has a new book, Sweet Valley Confidential, coming out with Elizabeth and Jessica at age 27. Is it wrong that this excites me? (via F*ck Yeah Lady Writers)

Clearly I'm still high on VCU making it to the Sweet 16 for the first time. Out of all the articles I read I loved this one best about us advancing. I will be watching tonight's game against FSU closely on TBS. Join me and cheer on the Rams!

Jay Parkinson + MD + MPH is working to revolutionize medicine through technology. Yana C. linked his blog post - What happens to doctors who think outside the box? - and I enjoyed it, skimmed additional entries and ultimately added him to my reader.

Bob at Stoneybrook Farms' makes a call for regionalism in meal sales as the way to increase consumption of ethically raised meat. (via @bittman)

Plastic - Too Good to Throw Away, a NY Times editorial about the value of plastic, gives a short and sweet background on why plastic can be valuable and green to use, provided it is used wisely.

I adore this recycledwood sign. I think it would be great to surround it with pictures of people and places I adored in a loose collage.

Who wouldn't want a Petite Lap Giraffe?

Real food budget tips (and Banana Ice Cream with Salted Maple Caramel Sauce) on Deliciously Organic from 100 Days of Real Food

Recipes Bookmarked
Fettuccine Alfredo (without cream! and with history) via Simply Recipes
Frittata With Grated Zucchini, Goat Cheese and Dill from NY Times
Chinese Pumpkin Pancakes from Red Cook
Oat and Maple Syrup Scones from Smitten Kitchen
Thai Carrot Burgers from NY Times

Kitty Hawk, NC March 2011

Find more Abra Moore songs at Myspace Music

No comments:

Post a Comment