This is a very simple way to enjoy okra's crunchy, slightly slippery texture. Since there isn't any tearing involved, these are even simpler than Kale Chips though the process is similar.
Three notes --
1) Red okra will turn green when you cook it (sad).
2) Be careful handling okra because it has prickly hairs on the outside that can get under your skin and cause minor discomfort.
3) I don't eat the stems; I'm all about fiber but that is a bit much for me.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit Rinse the okra and pat it dry.
2. Spritz or rub it down with oil, sprinkle with Salt.
3. Roast for approximately 20 minutes in the oven until it begins to brown and shrink a bit in size.
4. Savor as best you can because they will go quick if you're anything like me.
Jeff sweet talked me into making dinner Sunday night. I served okra fries, sauteed potatoes with persillade (that didn't stay crisp) and sauteed pork chops with a rustic* blackberry-concord grape and shallot sauce.
For dessert we ate leftover Almond-Yogurt Cake with Raspberry Sauce and Candied Ginger Pieces. It was baked in a loaf pan but the texture allowed me to use my cookie cutter to pretty up the presentation. My plate had leftover bits and pieces, which tasted just as good.
*Meaning I didn't strain the sauce to make it smooth! I felt lazy and all my "washable cheesecloth" was waiting for laundry to happen thanks to the raspberry sauce and gazpacho.