Saturday, January 19, 2008

Pureed Parsnip Soup

An unexpected perk of my new job is the free copies of Martha Stewart's Everyday Food that arrive every month. The downside is now I have access, without printing, to so many more recipes. The first issue I brought home inspired me to make three dishes i.e. way too much food for only me to eat.

The first one I made was Pureed Vegetable Soup and when you see the picture accompanying the recipe, you'll know why I absolutely had to make it right then. So pretty! Parsnips weren't my first choice, but the $1.00 per pound price at the Greenmarket swayed me.


It was super simple to put the soup together and it was a satisfying meal. The parsnips gave it a slightly sweet flavor with a hint of spiciness. I think I prefer parsnips when they aren't pureed and won't use them when I revisit the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment