Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Pan-Seared Salmon with Pasta and Spinach Cream Sauce

Last weekend I made a dish that took less than an hour! It felt really nice to eat so quickly; I almost was able to resist eating food while I cooked.

This recipe for Pan-Seared Salmon with Pasta and Spinach Cream Sauce is surprisingly simple and a great way to add spinach and salmon into your diet. I am working hard to eat fish and green vegetables more often. It really is hard work.

I used 6 ounces of spinach instead of 5 and would have been happy to have more as it wilts down to such a small amount that it is hardly noticeable. As the recipe's authors said, it has a light flavor for being a cream sauce.

I'll definitely make this one again. The only problem is what to do with the leftover cream. I've been pouring it on my apple crumble and making, as my roommate pointed out, really lazy Fettuccine Alfredo with it, grated Parmesean Reggiano, Salt, Whipping Cream, Parsley Pseudo-Pesto - idea from here, and whole wheat noodles.


1 comment: