Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat, and a picture.     

If I am near Concord, MA I want to eat at the Fife and Drum... It is cheap eats, a cause worth supporting and, most importantly, just sounds good!

My Current Desktop

This seems like a plausible explanation for many good concerts ending up in Charlottesville, VA instead of Richmond. Thank goodness for The National booking great shows in spite of whatever obstacles exist.

I caught When Weather Changed History: Race to Nome on The Weather Channel in October and thought it was a great story. This NY Times article touches on the story and points out that the dog statue in Central Park is one of the dog's from the race. To summarize the "race" - a series of dog sleds and mushers transported serum to treat diphtheria 674 miles in 5.5 days saving the isolated town of Nenana, Alaska (population 1,400) in 1925.

I need to hike again! These Pacific Crest Trail Moleskin Journals are inspiring. (via 101 Cookbooks

Recipes Bookmarked
Stuffed Apricots with Maple-Gorgonzola at Always Order Dessert
Maria Speck's Artichoke Tart with Polenta Crust at The Wednesday Chef (via 101 Cookbooks
Make Perfect, Restaurant-Style Shredded Chicken in Your Mixer (via Courtney!)

Gardenia Bonsai! February 2012, Mechanicsville, VA
(Loved this surprise! I couldn't stop saying wow and beaming upon receiving it. :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment