Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat and a picture.    

Uneasy Rider, an interview with Mike DeStefano, made me tear up at the end. It captures a significant moment in the deceased comedian's life. (via The Improvised Life)

Kristen Bell's Sloth Meltdown made me laugh so hard. If you somehow managed to miss it, you have to watch! My Dad said her reaction reminded him of me... I'm going to take that as a compliment.

United Egg Producers and the Humane Society of the United State have joined forces to try and improve the lives of the egg-producing hens. Read about their surprising collaboration here.

30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself and 30 Things to Start Doing for Yourself

A glimpse at Sunnylands, the estate built by Walter H. and Leonore Annenberg that is becoming a conference center. The view out the door in the first photo looks like it's a green screen.

Recipes Bookmarked
Buttermilk Roast Chicken at Smitten Kitchen
Dirty-Rice Collard Green Bundles at Epicurious
Ghee at Deliciously Organic
No-cook pumpkin chocolate icebox pie at Sunset
Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi at Simply Recipes

 Duomo, Milan, Italy, July 2006

Sharon Van Etten's Album can be streamed here. It's awesome... I hadn't heard of her. Thanks to Jon recommending it on facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment