Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat, and a picture.    

Siku, a most adorable polar bear, meets snow. (via Courtney)

These vegetables are beautiful...and I'm sure the buttery spread is alright too. (via Epicurious)

"As an American, I condemn a Republican “Fascist” just as much I condemn a Democratic “Communist.”  I condemn a Democrat “Fascist” just as much as I condemn a Republican “Communist.”  They are equally dangerous to you and me and to our country.  As an American, I want to see our nation recapture the strength and unity it once had when we fought the enemy instead of ourselves." Margaret Chase Smith's Declaration of Conscience

This story's headline sounds like something the Enquirer would have printed when I was a kid... 83 Year-Old Woman Gets the World's First 3D Printed Replacement Jaw. (also via Courtney)

I want to watch Inside Nature's Giants...though I'm a little afraid it will turn my stomach.
(via From Inside Lions and Leviathans, Anatomist Builds a Following)

Recipes Bookmarked
Horseradish at All Our Fingers in the Pie
Individual Sauerkraut Mac and Cheese at Not Eating Out in NY

DC from the Key Bridge, Rosslyn, VA, September 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment