Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat and a picture.

Scott Amron has developed a sticker that dissolves to clean the fruit it labels.

Hedy Lamar, who I've always found stunning, was also  patented "a frequency-hopping technique [in 1942] that is found in most digital devices that communicate wirelessly today." Her biography has been added to my endless reading list. (via Curtis)

Speaking of stunning, Carmen Dell'Orefice is still living life to the fullest and modeling at 80(!).

An ice cream Eiffel Tower, insight into the creation of Häagen-Dazs and a discussion of General Mills' international marketing strategy for the brand (or what their strategy was in May).

There is a Sweet Valley High movie in the works from Diablo Cody. My interest is piqued, but we'll see if it goes further than my interest in Sweet Valley Confidential months ago. I still haven't read it and looking at its Amazon reviews I shouldn't bother. (via Emily Miller)
Recipes Bookmarked
Easy Melted Brie with Honey and Herbs at NPR 
Quick-Roasted Green Beans And Shallots With Garlic And Ginger Juice at NPR
Meringue-Topped Sweet Potato Casserole at Eating Well
Cracking the Poached Egg Code at NPR's Kitchen Window ... before you poach watch Harold McGee's 40-second method to determine your eggs' age!

 Sunset on The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Rooftop, NYC, August 2006
(Missing the city! This is likely to be my first year missing the Christmas decorations since 2004!)

kick it Stereoheroes remix

No comments:

Post a Comment