Friday, December 23, 2011

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat and a picture.   

Meg notified me that Richmond, Virginia has been proclaimed the capital of Tacky Lights. Thanks CBS Sunday Morning for spreading the word and showing me light displays I haven't seen. Our neighbors are on the official list, but the houses in the video put their display to shame.

This watch from 1928 is beautiful. I think we were meant to be...Sapphires are my birthstone after all. ;) (via Zuburbia)

I can't wait to explore the food pairing charts in this Nature article highlighted by Epi-Log and Gizmodo. From the article "...in North American recipes, the more compounds are shared by two ingredients, the more likely they appear in recipes. By contrast, in East Asian cuisine the more flavor compounds two ingredients share, the less likely they are used together."

Precocious was meant to describe kids like Alec Greven, who wrote How To Talk to Girls. (via Motivation Into Habit)

Fairway, which is right up there with Sahaldi's in Brooklyn Heights as, my favorite grocery store in the NYC area is now online. Yum.

Recipes Bookmarked
Glogg at NPR
Creamy Condensed Soup at Clean Eating 
Worcestershire Sauce at NPR Books


Tacky Christmas Lights (from a Point & Shoot Camera's Perspective), Richmond, VA, December 2011

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas from Meet Me in St. Louis is my favorite Christmas song after those in The Nutcracker. Read its history and listen to it here. The song begins at 00:36.

No comments:

Post a Comment