Thursday, September 7, 2006

Mogador Cafe

I enjoyed dinner at Mogador Cafe for Jaime's birthday tonight. We had a bit of trouble getting there from Union Square, but once we arrived everything was gravy. Our group was seated in a cute outside area and luckily they weren't upset that half of us showed up late.

The food was reasonably priced and the entrees were big enough for two (girls at least), so we had lots of leftovers to take home. I managed to eat every entree I wanted to try on the menu by convincing two of my friends to get the Couscous with Lamb and the Couscous with Chicken and ordering the Bastilla myself. Bastilla is a chicken, almond, and cinnamon filled pastry, which I highly recommend. As for the other dishes, everything was cooked perfectly...oh so tender meat and delicious seasoning.

Your biggest problem at Mogador will probably be deciding what to order. Since I broke out in hives after eating my meal and the leftovers I probably won't go back. :(

Location: 101 Saint Marks Place (Between First Avenue and Avenue A)
Hours
: Sun-Thurs 9:00a-12:30a, Fri-Sat 9:00 am-1:30a

Cost: $$

No comments:

Post a Comment