Saturday, September 23, 2006

Cones

While wandering around the West Village with my faux roommates, Lauren & Vika, we had to stop by their favorite ice cream shop, Cones. It is tiny with hardly any seating, but perfect for getting a sweet treat while walking around the area.

They have around 30 ridiculously tempting flavors of ice cream and sorbet. Luckily, the staff will give you up to two samples to help you make your decision. I had the amazing pear sorbet and also sampled my friends' tasty selections of raspberry and watermelon. If you aren't a fan of sweet ice cream, then you won't like it, but who doesn't like their ice cream sweet?

The only downside is that a small cup of ice cream is around $3.00. Then again I guess that isn't that much given the quality and inventive flavors. You definitely can't buy anything quite like it at the grocery store.

Location: 272 Bleecker St (Between Morton Street & Jones Street)
Hours: Sun-Thurs 1:00p-11:00p, Fri-Sat 1:00p-1:00a
Cost: $ ($3 for a small cup)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the good old days! I can't wait to make some kiwi ice cream with my new kitchenaid mixer & attachment! :-)

    ReplyDelete