Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat, and a picture.   

I loved this conversation between Valentino and Sarah Jessica Parker about their involvement with New York City Ballet. The black tutu in the sidebar is amazing!

Elderly deaths due to bed rails meant to protect them? Unreal and heartbreaking...

Kevin Kelly's The Universe Is Conspiring to Help Us (via Heidi at 101 Cookbooks)

I admire "Humane End of Life" practices like those described here, but the perspective voiced by Ben Mattlin in "Suicide by Choice? Not So Fast" is one I hadn't considered. That said I think I'm still for it.

Fairytales for 20 Somethings are also amusing for this 30-something.

Recipes Bookmarked
Apple Cider Caramels at Smitten Kitchen
Caramel Apple Pie at The Best Remedy
Inside-Out Apple Pie à la Mode from The Sprouted Kitchen Cookbook at Epicurious

Sunset View from a Suite at The Jefferson Hotel, Richmond, VA November 2012
Thanks to Amanda for the shot opportunity!

No song this week... A girl has to sleep when she's actually going to Crossfit on back to back days for once on top of an exciting workday at the deli counter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment