Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat, and a picture.   

Getting your first pointe shoes is a very big deal! I'm amazed at the customization for the shoes highlighted in New York City Ballet's "Pointe Shoes." (via Victoria)

"Self-compassion and self-esteem both involve positive emotions toward the self. But self-esteem is about judging yourself positively: I am good. Or, unfortunately, if you can’t keep up that self-definition: I am bad. Self-compassion does not involve judgment or evaluation. It’s not about, “What type of person am I?” It’s just about: I’m suffering—can I respond to my suffering with kindness, understanding, caring, and concern?" from The Power of Self-Compassion

Elizabeth Taylor's diet is more interesting than many of the New York Diet's profiled in  NY Mag. It turns out she ate (and drank). (via Alejandra)

Interesting... ElliptiGo, an outdoor elliptical trainer, looks like a standup, seatless bicycle.

"If you, too, were fooled into thinking that sweet, chocolatey, hazelnut goop was actually good for you, visit nutellaclassactionsettlement.com for more information." People actually fell for Nutella being healthy? This makes me sad. Read your labels! (From here.)

Recipes Bookmarked
Chocolate Flourless Cake (health-ified) at Andrew Weil, M.D.
Ground Beef Gyro Meatball Lettuce Wraps with Tzatziki and Tomatoes at Kalyn's Kitchen
Rhubarb Compote at Culinate

Mountain Goats, Glacier National Park, August 2010



I'm psyched to see the Dum Dum Girls, or at least hear them, while working at the Shadrock Music Fest tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment