Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat, and a picture.    

"Clothes invade the body and brain, putting the wearer into a different psychological state." Mind Games: Sometimes a White Coat Isn’t Just a White Coat

I hope to visit the Jelly Belly factory one day. In the meantime 10 Questions for Jelly Belly's Lisa Brasher had some interesting facts about Jelly Bellys. I'm not surprised that Buttered Popcorn is their most divisive flavor. I can't stand it; Mom loves it.

The disease called 'Perfection' was bittersweet to read. (via Emily Miller)

"Procrastinators often follow exactly the wrong tack. They try to minimize their commitments, assuming that if they have only a few things to do, they will quit procrastinating and get them done. But this approach ignores the basic nature of the procrastinator and destroys his most important source of motivation. The few tasks on his list will be, by definition, the most important. And the only way to avoid doing them will be to do nothing. This is the way to become a couch potato, not an effective human being." How to Procrastinate and Still Get Things Done 

I had no idea that there was a controversy regarding what can be called a Community Supported Agriculture program. Thanks, NPR. If it is more efficient for local/regional farms to bond together and sell their goods while staying transparent with their supporters, then that is fine with me.

Recipes Bookmarked
Akoori (Indian Scrambled Eggs) at Food Republic
Cream Cheese Pancakes at I Breathe...I'm Hungry...
Lamb Tagine with Chickpeas and Apricots at Epicurious via Meg
Shrimp, Mango, and Avocado Salad with Sweet Chili-Ginger Vinaigrette at Epicurious via Meg

 Belle Isle, Richmond, VA, March 2012

Halcyon (And On And On) is still good 12 years later. I can't believe it has been that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment