Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat, and a picture.      

This Is My Home enchanted me. I wish I had stumbled across this man's space while I lived in NYC.

As someone who took daily outfit pictures for a few years I found  Log On, Coordinate, PoseVirtual-Closet Web Sites Revise Online Fashion Shopping interesting. Things have come a long way since StyleDiary and yet they are still much the same.

A list of flirting rules from DC's Anti-Flirt Club circa the early 1920s.

"The result of this setup, as Zizek explains most succinctly, is that on a big-picture level, TOMS (and other buy-my-product-and-donate companies) are busy building the exploitative global structure that produces economic inequality, while on the other hand pretending that supporting them actually does something to fix it. It doesn’t. It just gives people shoes." from 7 worst international aid ideas, an article that provides food for thought about international aid efforts. (via Emily)

The Anti-Diet - so wise!

Recipes Bookmarked
Bacon Maple Marshmallows at Blondie and Brownie
Black Bean Chocolate Chili Cherry Cookies at My New Roots
Coconut Milk Tonic at The Nourishing Gourmet
Twisted Cookies at Cook and Be Merry

Pointe Shoes from My Adolescence

Kiss Me
Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer has stood the test of time much better than She's All That, which featured it. I probably haven't watched that movie since 2000, but I'm still psyched when I hear this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment