Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat and a picture.   

Carter & Co. Historic Wallpapers recreates and prints original wallpapers papers from the 1830s to the 1940s. Their creative process as described by Richmond's Style Weekly takes being detail-oriented to the next level and explains why their wallpaper is worth every penny of its cost. The Jacobs-Uberagua Celestial Ceiling wallpaper is my favorite.

I'm not a doctor, but I think I would choose to die like this article says they do. (via Jay Parkinson + MD + MPH)

Sara Dickerman's Against Pepper: Salt needs a new companion provides a concise history of how pepper became popular and describes the flavors of many varieties. I'd tell you that I'm now curious to try them only I'm not. Run-ins with Grandpop Stillman's freshly ground peppercorns as a child likely have put me off pepper for life.

57 Ways to Spread Kindness (via the kind and ever positive Andrea)

Sunflowers originated in the United States! But Russia popularized the use of their oil for frying and cooking thus saving the sunflower.

Recipes Bookmarked
Apple Sharlotka at Smitten Kitchen
Applejack Flamingo at Eat Make Read
Champagne Marshmallows at BraveTart
Chicken Soup with Ginger and Shiitake Mushrooms Recipe at Simply Recipes
Coconut-Almond Bars at Runners World
Cranberry Cordial at About.com via 101 Cookbooks 

 Flatiron District, New York City, January 2012

 Oh My God

No comments:

Post a Comment