Monday, January 26, 2009

Brown Rice Broccoli Cheddar Pie

This recipe for Brown Rice Broccoli Cheddar Pie was proposed as a way to use leftover brown rice, which I never have. It was so appealing that I purchased all the ingredients fresh to put it together.

The broiled cheese and broccoli on top was the best part, followed by the spicy spots from the chili garlic paste I used in place of hot sauce. I really need to buy S'ri cha. It would have been the perfect spicy sauce for this dish. This pie similar to a quiche or frittata with rice and reheats really well in the toaster oven. It is chunky and yet a little soggy at the bottom, which makes sense given the ingredients.

While tasty enough that I would make it again if I ever do have leftover rice, it didn't hit the spot for me. I think the texture is what throws me off, not the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment