Thursday, July 31, 2008

Zucchini Recipes (for Jaime)

Earlier this month, Kalyn posted an entire blog entry on using up zucchini, which might help. I tried the Roasted Zucchini with Green Onions, Feta Cheese and Basil this week. It has a good flavor, but is a little juicy for my taste. I also found it to have an intense aftertaste/effect, which I never appreciate.


I also tried a variation on this Zucchini Carpaccio this week. I have had it bookmarked since it was posted last July...I'm glad I got around to trying it. As I don't have a food processor or mandolin and tend to be lazy about food aesthetics, I made it into a salad with thicker (but still thin) pieces of zucchini and carrots. The combination of flavors is great and it doesn't require you to heat up the oven. Win!

I also have this recipe for zucchini strand spaghetti bookmarked to try and am tempted by the zucchini recipes that were covered in Animal, Vegetable, Mineral.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh nice! Thanks for the post!

    Now what exactly gave you the interesting aftertaste, the zucchini or the other ingredients?

    Wow I can't believe how thin she got the zucchini...looks like cucumber!

    Maybe I will try it; she mentioned "they’re nothing like the overcooked summer squash we’ve all had the displeasure of experiencing." which sounds exactly like the mush of squash and zucchini Mamma used to make which is probably why I don't like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I burped and it tasted like onions and what not. I didn't like that.

    I've always sauteed slices of it with sesame oil and garlic too. Simple and tasty. Not at all smooshy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love zuccini. also i'm with you on disliking after tastes. when you are done with the meal you are done with the meal!

    ReplyDelete