Friday, March 28, 2008

Proscuitto and Arugula "Pizza"

My favorite pizza to order at Cavatappo is topped with proscuitto and arugula. In order to save some money, I thought I should try replicating it at home. Nevermind that I already had a fridge full of ham from my parent's Easter visit. Basically this week was all ham all the time. Yum, but, maybe, not the healthiest.

Either way my project was successful. I used the amazing whole wheat pita bread made "locally" by Daily Pita Bakeries, Inc., organic tomato sauce, and fresh mozzarella for the base. I love this bread; it has 4 ingredients, none of which are sugar, and 6 pitas cost 89 cents.

It took 12 minutes for everything to melt together nicely at 350. Based on my research, I then let the pizza cool for 5 minutes before sprinkling it generously with the baby arugula and arranging the somewhat defatted proscuitto on top. So easy and so good.

If you do this at home, I recommend this proscuitto. It has been my favorite one so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment