Sunday, March 23, 2008

Nina's Argentine Pizza Restaurant

This place was so amazing that recalling the leftovers is making my mouth water. I've always been curious about Nina's since meatballs are the special every day I walk by and I have wanted to visit Argentina for quite a while now. My only complaint would be the half hour wait was actually an hour and a half; I'm pretty certain the only reason we were ever seated is we stood in the cold outside the window staring for the last half hour. Oh well, I got to show my parents Cavatappo.

Once inside I was in love with the cozy, tiny atmosphere and the olive oil/eggplant dipping sauce served with fresh bread. As I went with my parents, I was able to try everything I wanted off the menu: their lasagna, Cheta pizza, and the meatballs (of course!).

The pizza was my favorite... It was deep dish style, somewhat reminiscent of focaccia, topped with spinach, creamy ricotta chese, a pungent sauce, and regular cheese. It melted in my mouth and I can't wait to try it again. The lasagna had layers of eggplant instead of noodles and goat cheese instead of ricotta; both of these changes were creative and successful in my opinion. I enjoyed it, but would rather try recreating it at home than order it again.

As for the meatballs, I just was not in love. They were garlic-y, which is fine, but didn't really hit the spot. My Dad was perfectly happy with them though and the leftovers were great. :)

Location: 1750 2nd Avenue (Between 91st and 92nd Streets)
Hours:
Mon-Fri: 5:00p-11:00p, Sat-Sun 11:30a-11:00p
Cost:
$$

No comments:

Post a Comment