Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me this week online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat, and a picture.   

"...the lessons of Lincoln seem as fresh as ever. They demonstrate the importance of resilience, forbearance, emotional intelligence, thoughtful listening and the consideration of all sides of an argument. They also show the value of staying true to a larger mission." [Abraham] Lincoln’s School of Management or yet another reason I should read Team of Rivals already. 

I also need to reread The Great Gatsby prior to its return to the theaters this May. Leslie sent me the First Look at Miuccia Prada's Great Gatsby costumes last week. The Miu Miu one is my favorite and I can't wait to see the rest. 

"Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror. Just keep going. No feeling is final." Rainer Maria Rilke (quote found here)

13 Ways to Spend Less Time Online and Reclaim Your Real Life

New York Times' The Red Carpet Project covers Oscar looks from 1997 to 2012. So much pretty.

Recipes Bookmarked
Latin Spice Roast Chicken with Chimichurri at Always Order Dessert
Orange Salad with Fresh Orange-Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette, Iced Onions and Cilantro - Recipe adapted from "Modern Sauces" by Martha Holmberg (Chronicle Books) via PureWow
Low-Sodium Lo Mein at Sodium Girl

Blueberry Cake Doughnut, Doughnut Plant in Chelsea, NYC, December 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment