Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Bowlmor

I went bowling tonight for the first time since high school and it was surprisingly fun! As I grew up bowling at AMF's in Richmond, Virginia, Bowlmor lanes with its elevator up, cushy benches, and full bar was my swankiest bowling experience to date. Our 8:30 arrival was perfect for getting the last open lane.

My favorite fancy feature was that after each frame the bowling pins changed colors, something I made sure to point out to my "date." Sadly, he was not as enchanted with this feature as I was. He was, however, a much better bowler than I after he remembered his technique (basically he ended each roll kneeling).

The staff was friendly overall, but our waitress stopped being attentive after it became apparent that we weren't planning to booze it up. But, seriously, it was Wednesday and we already were paying plenty to bowl. I hope to go again, but on a Monday which seems to be the best deal: $20 for unlimited bowling on a first come, first serve basis.

Location: 110 University Place (Between 12th Street and 13th Street)
Hours: Mon 11:00a-3:00a, Tues-Wed 11:00a-1:00a, Thurs 11:00a-2:00a, Fri-Sat 11:00a-3:30a, Sun 11:00a-12:00a (after 5 you have to be 21)
Cost: $$ ($5 shoe rental and anywhere from $8.95 to $9.45 per person per game, depending on the day and time)

No comments:

Post a Comment