Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Distractions -- Random Links & Recipes Bookmarked

Ready for the weekend? To help you pass your Friday here are the highlights of what distracted me semi-recently online, what I bookmarked that I hope to one day eat, and a picture.  

“We are never living, but hoping to live; and while we are always preparing to be happy, it is certain, we shall never be so” Pascal via Hardcore Happiness

Fair Food, an organization in Michigan, is piloting a program in three grocery stores where a $10 purchase with food stamps will result in a $10 reward card for local produce. The program is modeled after similar ones for Farmer's Markets. It seems like a promising way to encourage enrolled individuals to eat more fruits and vegetables, so I hope it works out and expands. Read more at Nudging Detroit: Program Doubles Food Stamp Bucks In Grocery Stores.

I NEED a cronut

I also really want to try Djaj Bil-Bahar Il-Asfar (Iraqi Yellow Spice-Rubbed Chicken) after reading this piece of remarkable food writing, but that lengthy ingredient list will likely keep me away.

WHAT I “REALLY” LOOK LIKE, A PERFECTLY HEALTHY BODY IN MORE AND LESS FLATTERING PHOTOS. Yes, I already posted this on Facebook. But I think it is important, admirable and desirable and want to help share it with the world. (via Crossfit Full Circle)

Recipes Bookmarked
Grilled Artichokes with Lemon, Olive Oil and Mint at Epicurious
Lemon Blueberry Scones at Everybody Likes Sandwiches
Basil Creamsicles from Writing Loves Food at Deliciously Organic

Azalea(s) at Bryan Park, Richmond, VA, April 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment